Flu season is in full swing.
And the common cold is making its seasonal appearance.
Not to mention, COVID-19 is still very much a health concern, for unvaccinated and vaccinated folk alike.
With all of that in mind, it has never been more important to keep your immune system in check.
So, if your immune system is craving a boost this fall, be sure to add the following to your daily routine.
- Adopt a Daily Multivitamin Regimen
If you don’t do so already, it’s time to invest in a comprehensive multivitamin.
The right multivitamin will provide you with a wide range of essential nutrients, including vitamins C and D, Zinc and Magnesium.
It is important you settle on a multivitamin that is tailored to you, and that offers only the highest quality nutritional composition. We recommended these multivitamins for men and multivitamins for women.
- Ensure you Get Adequate Sleep
Low quality sleep, or inadequate hours spent sleeping, are some of the largest culprits of a weakened immune system.
While people struggle to get a good night’s rest for many different reasons, here are some tips to help you regulate and improve your sleep schedule:
- Aim to go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday. Adopting a regular sleep cycle will improve the quality of your sleep.
- Reduce the amount of time you spend on your phone or watching TV before you go to bed. It is recommended you spend the final hour of your day without exposure to blue light.
- Add a sleep formula to your nightly routine. Restore and Recharge is a comprehensive herbal sleep and nighttime recovery support product that will increase your body’s natural production of melatonin, improve your sleep quality and restore your body so you wake feeling refreshed and ready to attack the day with energy and purpose.
- Stay Hydrated All Day Long
Dehydration takes a toll on your body and can increase your susceptibility to illness.
On the flip side, hydration will not only support your immune health, but can improve your responsiveness, energy levels and digestion.
For some, drinking enough throughout the day is easier said than done. If this sounds like you, check out these tips and tricks for staying hydrated.
- Eat Immune-Boosting Foods
Whole foods are packed with essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients, all of which are beneficial to your immune health.
Here are some foods to add to your grocery list:
- Leafy greens
- Fermented/probiotic-packed foods
- Garlic, ginger & turmeric
- Citrus fruits
- Bell peppers
- Shellfish & poultry
- De-Stress Through Physical Exercise
Your immune health and stress levels go hand in hand.
In other words, the more stress you experience, the more vulnerable your immune system becomes to illness.
And while stress management comes in many different forms, physical exercise is an effective, natural remedy that will pose many benefits to your overall health and wellbeing.
Aim to incorporate moderate exercise into your routine 4 to 5 times a week.
This lifestyle change will help to reduce stress, and therefore, will provide additional support to your immune system.