Our lives are a complex of events, emotions and energies that produce and induce reactions. We are trained to react; it is instinctual. Some of us respond quicker or more aggressively than others, and to different situations. While some of us react to a mess or a chaotic space, others are not provoked. Some of us are prompted to react to high-stress or emotional situations, while others wouldn’t blink twice.
It is the same when it comes to our bodies, including our health, fitness and overall wellness. Some of us react when we feel especially weighed down or when we realize that we haven’t made the progress that we proclaimed earlier in the year. Reacting to our state of health and fitness is a good thing. It indicates a level of consciousness of our bodies. However, we shouldn’t wait for weight gain or an alarming doctor’s visit to seriously consider what we are eating and how often we exercise.
Reacting is good, but prevention is better.
Taking preventive measures for our health and wellness may seem daunting or appear as over compensation at first glance. However, prevention can be as minimal as consistently taking daily multi-vitamins or introducing a sleep formula before you are deprived and fatigued. Just as a soldier is trained and armed before combat, our bodies need to receive the appropriate conditioning before we exhaust ourselves in the gym or realize we need to modify our diets.
Below are a few tips and tricks on how to introduce preventive measures into your daily routine:
- Start your day with a full glass of water! This is the perfect way to stay ahead of dehydration. Don’t wait until you feel tired or realize that your urine is a dark yellow to hydrate.
- Take a multi-vitamin! This guarantees you are getting the basic vitamins and minerals that your body needs to function. Leverage Nutrition offers daily multi-vitamin packs for men and women — Thrive Daily for Men™ and Thrive Daily for Women™.
- Stretch before and after you workout! This an easy way to prevent future injuries.
- Introduce ashwagandha and other adaptogenic herbs into your supplementary diet. These herbs help to support and manage stress and cortisol levels in the body, allowing the thyroid to regulate and function at optimal levels. Thyroid dysfunction is a primary cause of weight gain, so try out a Leverage Nutrition product like Torch™ that incorporates ingredients like ashwagandha and L-tyrosine to combat weight gain before your see the unwanted number on the scale.
- Get ahead of sore muscles and be sure to supplement essential amino acids that the body needs but cannot produce on its own. Replenish Hydra+ is a Leverage Nutrition product that offers a researched combination of essential amino acids L-Leucine, LIsoleucine and L-Valine. This product helps to promote recovery time and training endurance, along with supporting lean muscle growth and proper hydration. Take action to feel recovered and strong before your body gives you a hard time getting out of bed!