Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate.
If your taste buds tingle at the sound of that wonderful word, you are in the right place. Chocolate is often used to create fabulous dishes that are not so fabulous for our health. Truth be told, raw chocolate, derived from cocoa, is not the enemy we think it is. It is only when the cocoa is processed with sugar, and sometimes milk, that it becomes the sweet treat that we feel the need to say no to. So, what if there was a way to treat your love for chocolate, ditch all of the added sugar and even get some protein in all at once?
Below is a recipe for Chocolate and Banana Protein Pancakes. These are fit to be the perfect Saturday morning breakfast or even a weeknight sweet tooth solution.
Recipe: Chocolate and Banana Protein Pancakes (yields 6-8 pancakes)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup oats
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Leverage Nutrition Chocolate Protein Powder (Vegan or Whey)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Blend the eggs, bananas, oats and vanilla extract together on low until oats are ground and
bananas are smashed, about 20 seconds.
- Add in the cocoa powder, the protein powder and cinnamon and blend until mixture is
smooth, an additional 30 seconds.
- Preheat a skillet or a griddle and lightly grease with non-stick spray, oil or butter.
- Form pancakes with about ⅓ cup batter and let cook until edges are held together, about 2minutes. Flip and cook through.
- Serve immediately with fresh bananas, berries and maple syrup!